Friday, May 30, 2014

Spring Is In The Air & The Sun Is Shining!

 Hello everyone! Sorry It’s been so long since I've posted. I've had some crazy stuff going on here at school. I’m really going to try and update more often, I promise! Hopefully this spring I’ll have some fun crafts to post about. I also have some new recipes to share! I've been pinning a lot of good looking spring and summer goodies to try.

I've been doing some really neat things in school with fundraising for an organization called the National Women’s Coalition Against Violence & Exploitation (NWCAVE). They deal with women and children that are in abusive and sexually exploitative situations. Did you know that the greater Portland area is the highest trafficked place in the U.S.?! I live in the Pacific North West! This hits so close to home everyone, it’s so tragic! The I-5 corridor is so easy to grab girls on and get them out of the country because you can get from Canada to Mexico in almost no time. NWCAVE is really helping bring awareness to this issue, and I have to applaud them. It truly is an issue that no one wants to talk about. So please, if you have a daughter that is around the ages that are most exploited (12-22) please talk to them about it!

Okay on to a bit happier subject, I have another recipe! Due to the fact that the sun is shining and you always need something iced in your hand to be content, I present to you… drum roll please. Thai Iced Tea! This is one of my favorite things on this planet to drink. I LOVE Thai food with everything in me! I think I was three when my auntie took me out to Thai food for the first time, and I have loved it since. So please enjoy this recipe like I have!



Thai Iced Tea Recipe  
Yield: Serves 4-6
Total Time: 1 hour
Please read the post about this Thai tea recipe. It discusses the brands and different methods on how to make it to get the orange color, as well as photographs to illustrate the process. When we made our Thai Tea mix from the Pantai Thai Tea Mix bag, we reduced their suggested sugar amount by about 20% to our own personal taste.
Ingredients:
Thai Tea Mix Ingredients:
·         1 cup (80g) Pantai Thai Tea Mix or 4 Black Tea bags
·         4 cups (950ml) Water
·         3/4 cup (150g) Sugar
Thai Tea Assembly:
·         Pre-made Thai tea mix (see above)
·         half and half (some folks also use coconut milk, whole milk, sweetened condensed milk)
·         ice
Directions:
Thai Tea Mix directions
1.      Bring water to boil and add the Thai tea mix or the 4 black tea bags. Add sugar and gently stir to completely dissolve sugar. Gently boil tea for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
2.      Allow tea to steep for at least 30 minutes and allow it to cool. The more concentrated the tea flavor, the better the Thai tea tastes.
3.      If you are using the Thai tea mix, strain the tea leaves. Set finished Thai tea aside to cool.
4.      If you are using black tea bags, remove the tea bags and set aside finished Thai tea to cool.
5.      You can make this ahead of time and have the Thai tea chilling in the fridge.
Assembly directions
1.      Fill glasses with ice.
2.      Fill glass with about 3/4 full of the Thai tea mix. Then top off remainder of glass with half and half.
3.      Stir and enjoy.
Thanks  to whiteonrecicouple.com for this amazing recipe!

Let me know what you think!
Comment! Comment! Comment!
Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment