Friday, April 4, 2014

Long Time No See!

Hey everyone, Long time no see! Sorry I have been gone so long! Life and school got exceptionally busy! The two roommates that I made great friends with graduated their program and moved out. It was really sad to say the least. I am so proud of them, though I didn’t get to see them graduate I did get to see them before!
 Well I have only done a few fun things lately. I got to go to Seattle for the weekend with my mom two of my aunts and a couple of cousins. It was SO MUCH FUN! I am convinced that I will someday live in Seattle, but only the downtown area. We shopped, and made the most amazing salad (we bought everything fresh from Pikes Place), and ate at the BEST Greek restaurant ever! Right now I am preparing to host a table at my churches women’s tea. I almost didn’t do one, but last minute I decided that I wanted to. I have decided on a Kate Spade theme. Fitting right?! I am so in love with Kate Spade’s style. So as I am prepping for that, and doing school work, and trying to have a life, I haven’t been able to try as many new recipes as I like. I do have one for you though! On the last weekend that Autumn and Nicole lived with me we made the best cheater Donut recipe! Here you go!

Refrigerator Biscuit Donuts
Makes 10 Small Donuts.

Ingredients:
·        1 can home-style or buttermilk biscuits (the cheaper the better)
·        1 ½ inches canola oil in a high -rimmed frying pan
·        ½ cup white sugar
·        1 tsp cinnamon
Directions:
·        Line plate with paper towels
·        Put cinnamon sugar in large paper bag or mix in a pie plate
·        Heat oil to a good frying temp… 375? I never check the temp with a thermometer. Just get it pretty hot over medium heat.
·        While oil heats, open biscuits. Take each one and with your fingers, stretch a large hole in the center. When oil is hot, fry about 3 at a time, turning after the bottom is a deep golden brown. Fry on the second side until the whole thing is deep golden brown.
·        Remove each one with tongs and toss in cinnamon sugar
·        Use another pair of tongs or a fork to move them to the paper towel lined plate
·        Continue frying until they’re all fried. Remember to turn the heat off when you’re done.

Let me know what you think!
Comment!

Love, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment