Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Weekend Spent at Home & Teriyaki Chicken

Hey Everyone! Hope everything has been going well for y’all. I know were in the middle of the week, but I am still thinking about last weekend. I got to go home and just hang with my family. Can I just say how amazing it was? Oh goodness you guys, it just made my week. I also just can’t get over how cute my dog was this weekend. I didn’t realize how much he missed me! Just to show you how adorable he is, he followed me around all weekend and would just lay right be me. He even tried to distract me from my packing with his cuteness!
Not only did I get to spend awesome time with my family, I got to spend time with my friends. It was awesome to go out after church on Saturday and get to spend quality time eating and chatting with amazing people!
Now, onto bigger things… THE SEAHAWKS WON THE SUPER BOWL! Can you believe it?! Oh my goodness I was so excited! I’m not the girl that is really into football, actually I don’t even like sports. I usually sit and give myself a manicure and read a magazine during the Super Bowl. Although I didn’t get to watch it this year- due to the fact that I was driving back to school- I was constantly calling my mom to check the score. It was amazing, we killed the Broncos! It was a great start to my week.
So, on to school. I don’t think that I have told y’all about school yet. You guys I absolutely love it here! I could not have chosen a better school to come to! I never liked high school and always had a hard time going on a daily basis, but I love getting up in the morning go come to class! Not only has my attendance improved here, but my grades have too. You are looking at- not really- a 4.0 student! I know, my mom is proud.
Any who, I think it’s time for a new recipe! I made this chicken on Monday and it was FANTASTIC! I have been eating it on salad, but you could put it over rice, quinoa, or even noodles!


Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken


Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, and cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 3 garlic cloves, whole
  • hot chili sauce (optional)

Instructions:

  1. Add chicken to crock pot along with soy sauce, honey, garlic cloves and hot sauce.
  2. Set crock pot to low and cover.
  3. Stir once 2 hours into cooking and then cook addition 2 hours.
  4. Remove garlic cloves.

Let me know what you think!
Comment!
Love,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment