Thursday, January 30, 2014

More Crock pot Recipe’s



Just like it says, more crockpot recipes! I have felt really accomplished lately, this is the third and fourth new Pinterest recipes that I have made since I moved. Don’t worry though, I’ll share all the others that I’ve made in the past too, nine more! On Monday I made one amazing tuna noodle casserole. Can I say YUM?! The only thing I would change is sautéing the onions before, they didn’t cook down far enough for my liking. Then last night I made some super awesome cinnamon apples. Oh my goodness you guys, those apples! I put them over some vanilla ice cream, and instant heaven. My roommates love that I cook all the time. Since I don’t eat wheat and there are SO many recipes that aren’t gluten free that look like fun to make, I asked my roommates if they would be my guinea pigs. Of course they said yes, so I will be making some really amazing recipes soon! Any ways, here are the recipes.
Crock Pot Tuna Noodle Casserole
Ingredients:
4 cups egg noodles
1 10 ¾ ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup onion, finely chopped (I only had frozen chopped onions and sautéed  them first)
2 cans drained tuna 1/2 cup sour cream
Directions:
 1. Cook noodles according to package and drain.
 2. Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Pour in cream of mushroom soup and water. Mix together.
3. In a bowl, mix noodles, tuna, and onion (save the sour cream for later).
4. Pour into crock pot and stir.
5. Cook on high 1.5-2 hours.
 6. During last half hour add in sour cream and mix well. 

*remember to sauté the onions before adding to the crockpot.


Crock-Pot Cinnamon Apples


Ingredients

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
2 Tbsp margarine or butter
1 tsp cinnamon
6 Gala or Macintosh apples, cored, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup apple juice

Ice Cream {optional}

Instructions
In your crockpot mix brown sugar, walnuts, margarine or butter, cinnamon, and apple juice together {be sure to use a utensil that won't scratch your crockpot}
Peel, and slice your apples
Place apple slices in crockpot and stir together with apple juice mixture
Set crock-pot to cook on high for 1 hour, or until apples are soft
·         I would suggest that you cook the apples for 2-3 hours, depending on how soft you want your apples.


Enjoy the recipes, let me know what you think!
Comment!
Love,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment