Friday, February 14, 2014

Snowed in weekend and Valentine’s Day


Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! I hope, whether or not you have a loved one, you are enjoying this day of love. I know I am, I just got a perfect score on a test! It has been one crazy week. First, last weekend we got a crazy snow storm where I live. Within 24 hours, we had accumulated three or so inches… I know that sounds like nothing, but for almost sea level… well it’s a big deal. I don’t have a car that drives in snow well, so I was stuck at home all weekend. The roads down here were a mess! Ugh, can I just say how much I don’t like snow? It’s just too cold and gross! Though one of the fun things about the snow was the crazy snow ball fight that two buildings got in to. It was amazing you guys! Once my roommates used all of the snow on our deck I helped one of the girls take all of the bowls and a bucket to get more snow! It was amazing to watch. During the crazy snow storm, we didn’t know what to do so, like any college student, we walked to the nearest Redbox. We rented two movies a day! It was great just hanging with the girls all weekend and staying in my yoga’s all weekend!
Well, I made it through my first crazy apartment moment. My toilet overflowed! I couldn’t believe it! There was a clog when I got home, so doing what I have done before, I flushed it. Well that made it overflow! I had one of my roommates come and help me, and we made a dam to stop the flow of water. It took a call to my dad to turn off the water so we could start cleaning up the mess it made! I told the girls that if we could make it through that we could make it through anything!
Well enough of crazy stuff, and on to the recipe! I absolutely love this salad!
Strawberry, Goat Cheese and Quinoa Salad
1 cup of quinoa, cooked
1 cup Strawberries, hulled and chopped
3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
½ cup chopped arugula
1 tbs basil, chopped
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbs red onions, minced
2 tbs honey
In a bowl add the quinoa, strawberries, goat cheese, basil, arugula and toss combine.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, salt, onions and honey. Drizzle the balsamic mixture over the quinoa/strawberry mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
(Makes 2 large salads, or 4 small side dish salads.)

                Let me know what you think!
Comment!
Love,

Kate 

No comments:

Post a Comment