Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Birthdays and Wishing for summer!

             Hey Y’all! Hope everything is going good. I don’t have too much to talk about today. I got to go home! Oh my gosh your guys. It was so nice! I was able to visit with both of my grandmas.  I got to go out to dinner and enjoy a comedy show with a good friend, and spend time with my family. It was a bit of a packed weekend. I got home and went out to dinner with my dad, visited with one of my grandmas and got to hang with my best friend. Then went onto a crazy Saturday helping with my church’s middle school camp check in, and many other fun things. Sunday though, was amazing. I got to see so many people that I have missed terribly. One of my friends made me a care package that included no bake cookies, gluten free pasta, homemade marinara sauce, popcorn, and more!  I just want to thank everyone that made my weekend!
           OK, on to some important stuff. Today everyone, my BEST friend turns 21! I don’t know if I have told you guys about her yet. Tiffany is one of the best people I have ever met. She is so kind, and sweet it’s kind of weird ;) I love to tell the story of how we met. It was actually at a winter camp that our church had for middle school students that we both attended. We were in the same cabin but didn’t interact much. That was until I decided to do a polar bear swim – I know, stupid. Once I was done my leader asked Tiffany to walk me back to our cabin and make sure I got into a hot shower right away… my lips were starting to turn blue. The whole way back she talked to me. I thought she was so wired, I wondered why and even how someone could be so friendly to someone they had really just met. Well that was the start of our friendship. I am so blessed to have her as a friend. She is always there to say something positive in the midst of anger or sadness, and to comfort me when I need it. We tend to communicate through sending pins back and forth, and through new girl quotes. I know it seems weird but it fits us. She loves cats WAY too much, but that’s what’s fun about her. So in honor of Tiffany here is one of her favorite cat pictures, courtesy of Pinterest.



         So because I have had summer on my mind lately I thought I would share one of my favorite summer money saving drinks!
                                              DIY light Frappuccino recipe
Enjoy a homemade version of Starbucks Light Frappuccino from the convenience of your own kitchen. Each low calorie frozen blended cappuccino has just 2 Points + per serving, making it an ideal frozen coffee fix for Weight Watchers Members.
Ingredients
§  2 Tbsp instant coffee granules (regular or decaf)
§  2 Tbsp fat free vanilla flavored coffee creamer, powdered
§  1/2 cup fat free milk
§  8-10 ice cubes
Instructions
1.    Blend all ingredients together in a blender and process until smooth. If desired, sweeten with Splenda.

PER SERVING: 95 calories; 0 g fat; 17 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 0 g fiber
*I used the Starbucks Iced Caramel Via as well as other instant coffees.
Let me know what you think!
Comment!
Love,                                                                                             
Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment