Sunday, January 5, 2014

Settling In


Well I just spent my first night in my apartment here at school. I got some decorations up on the walls and unpacked my clothes in my drawers. Wow… I’m here, I still can’t believe it! Last night’s good bye with my parents was tearful, but manageable.
Let me tell you all about yesterday. It started off well we got everything packed into the trailer to bring down (yes I needed a trailer, I had a mattress to bring with me). It wasn't until we got half way here that I realized that I forgot my clothes at home. Yes you read right, I forgot my clothes at home! I did bring anything I would need to sleep in and pants but I forgot all of my shirts and cardigans. So on top of what my parents and I had to buy to get me settled in, we got to buy me new clothes.
I meet my roommate! Let me tell you, I was so worried that they would pair me with some person that I would absolutely hate, but I got lucky! Her name is Ivy and she is the sweetest thing ever! I am in a weird housing situation though.  Because I know someone that already goes here I requested to room with her and I was told I could. The only catch is that her roommate graduates her program on the 30th of January and I have to room with someone else until I can move in with her.  So I will be moving again here in a couple of weeks, but for now here is what my room looks like for the moment.



This whole moving out semi on my own thing is kinds wired. Usually when I cook things for my lunches it would be something quick and we would already have the stuff in the fridge, but on my own I had to plan ahead. I made chicken soup for dinner tonight and for lunches. Let me tell you, its way easier to just bring the left overs form dinner the night before as an afterthought for lunches.


Well that’s all I can think of for now. Here are some things to look forward to. Many more pictures of my adventures, recipes that I make, and really good college stories.


Comment!
Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment